Region: Aichi Prefecture
Harvest: First flush, hand-picked, and freshly ground
Taste Profile: Floral notes with a hint of honey
Color: Vibrant Emerald green
Our Premium Ceremonial matcha is one of the finest matcha available in the U.S. As a Premium blend, it is ground fresh to order for our wholesale partners before it is flown in from Japan, which means it offers one of the freshest matcha experiences short of flying to Japan. Our supply is limited, as only a very select group of plants (and leaves) are used to make such a fine quality matcha.
To appreciate the subtleties of such a well-balanced flavor profile characteristic of a true premium quality matcha, we recommend enjoying this matcha on its own. This is also an ideal matcha to traditionally prepare Koicha style. We enjoy the following preparation for our Premium Ceremonial matcha:
- Matcha Elixir
- Traditionally whisked hot matcha tea
- Koicha style (thick and strong matcha)
As matcha is a very delicate, stone ground powder, proper storage is important to optimize its freshness and quality.
- Matcha is ideally stored in the refrigerator or freezer. If not available, store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
- Store tightly sealed in the original packaging.
- We recommend that you use your matcha within 60-days after opening when properly stored.